1. Services offered by the Site a) The Site’s aim is to make a catalogue of musical illustrations available to Users – radio and television media around the world – so that they can add sound to their own programmes broadcast on their own channels. Their “own programmes” is understood to mean any programme produced internally by the User. The RFI Instrumental catalogue includes several hundred original musical illustrations recorded by professional musicians and covering numerous musical styles. Music contained in the RFI Instrumental catalogue is accessible to radio and television media around the world – after an account has been created and validated – by downloading the tracks exclusively for the purpose of adding sound to Users’ own programmes broadcast on their channels, and subject to the relevant musical royalty declarations being made (see article 3 b) hereafter).
b) The RFI Instrumental catalogue is aimed primarily at radio and television media but is also likely to be of interest to other professionals, in particular audiovisual professionals who want to add sound to feature films, documentaries, advertisements, bonus DVDs, websites, institutional films and any other creations. In this case, and in general, for all other uses other than those set out in point a) above (for example, in the event that radio or television media would like to use recordings for purposes other than their own programmes), the people involved must request authorisation from the Company before making any use of the musical illustrations and, if necessary, pay the corresponding fees; they can write to the following address to request this authorisation: Radio France internationale 80, rue camille Desmoulins 92130 Issy-Les-Moulineaux. Mail : email@example.com - +33 1 84 22 79 92 .
4. Account deactivation The Company reserves the right automatically to deactivate the User’s account without prior warning and without compensation in the following cases: - the User does not comply with the GTU; - the User acts contrary to the Company’s interests.
5. Commercial reference In accordance with the customs of the profession, the Company can include the User’s name or trading names in its professional communications.
6. Site protection Any deterioration, as well as any unauthorised total or partial representation, reproduction, modification or commercial use of the various elements of the Site is forbidden and exposes the person (people) responsible to prosecution.
7. Liability The User confirms that he/she is aware of the constraints and limitations of the internet. Under these conditions: In no circumstances can the Company be held liable for the speeds experienced when opening and consulting the Site’s pages, the speeds experienced when downloading the recordings, external slow-downs, the suspension or inaccessibility of services, and the fraudulent use by third parties of any of the information made available on the Site. It is the User’s responsibility to protect his/her technical equipment, in particular against any form of contamination by a virus and/or a hacking attempt. The Company can in no circumstances be held liable. The User alone is responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of the technical equipment required to access the Site. In no circumstances can the Company be help liable if the service offered by the Site proves to be incompatible or presents malfunctions with certain software packages, configurations, operating systems or equipment belonging to the User. The User alone is responsible for the use that he/she makes of the services and cannot hold the Company liable for any claim and/or proceedings brought against him/her. The User undertakes to accept liability for any claim and/or proceedings brought against the Company and that are related to the User’s use of the services. Furthermore, the Company cannot be held liable in the event of non-compliance with the legislation of a foreign country where the recordings are downloaded. Finally, the Company cannot be held liable for the content of other websites presented as hyperlinks on the Site.
8. Service availability Users can normally access the services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week throughout the entire year. The Company nonetheless reserves the right temporarily to interrupt access without any prior notice and without compensation, and will not be held liable for any damages of any kind that could result from this.
9. Service modifications The Company reserves the right provisionally or definitively to modify, suspend or interrupt all or part of the services without giving the User any prior warning. The Company cannot be held liable, by the User or by third parties, for the modification, suspension or interruption of the services.
10. Jurisdiction Any litigation stemming from the interpretation or performance of the agreements binding RFI and its co-contractor will fall under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Paris Courts, which the parties recognise as competent.